Monday, April 27, 2020

4.27: Let's go outside

Good morning, photojournalists!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that the Thrive on Five was good for you. We had fun doing some of the activities with our boys.

A lot of you had last week off because YOU'RE DONE WITH YOUR EVENTS FOR THE YEAR! YAY!! Those of you who aren't done, I sent you an email reminding you of what I posted last week.

So, this week you have another assignment. As usual, it's just to get you thinking about photography. It's not difficult or overly stressful. It's to get you thinking about how to take pictures and keep you in contact with me.

So, here's what you need to do:

Pick a spot in your yard or a newby park. Set the timer on your phone for 10 minutes and really pay attention to your surroundings. It may be a little hard for you, and it may feel boring at first, but really take the time to pay attention and observe what's happening around you.

I did this in my backyard, and I noticed a little snake making its way across the yard (I moved quickly. We have snakes in our neighborhood quite often). I moved up to our garden where we have strawberry plants blooming and noticed an ant hill in the corner. I detest ants almost as much as I do snakes, but I became fascinated by their movements.

I also sat by my tulips. Tulips are my favorite flower because when I was a little girl, my grandpa grew tulips along his front walkway. We spent a lot of time at my grandparents' house, and every time we ran out of their front door in the springtime, he'd always say, "Don't step on my tulips!" I looked at the structure of the flower and the different kinds of tulips I have.

Anyway. Find something that catches your eye, and watch it before you take your photos. Once you find something to photograph, get down low. Photograph the bugs or whatever you found from their level.

Get bug's eye view.

Put your picture on this google doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZJeCpHIiiMcHqQ47eymGrF6OEA3FJU1GQkbDfyX7zXg/edit?usp=sharing

AND tell me why you chose this to photograph. What about it caught your eye?

It looks like the weather will be BEAUTIFUL this week! Get out there an enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment